News November 7, 2017
Arm Announces Its Most Comprehensive Tool Suite For The HPC Ecosystem
With the continued emergence of innovative, infrastructure-ready Arm-based server platforms, Arm is announcing availability of the Arm Allinea Studio.
With the continued emergence of innovative, infrastructure-ready Arm-based server platforms, Arm is announcing availability of the Arm Allinea Studio. By providing access to Arm-specific compilers and libraries alongside market-leading debug and optimization tools, the Arm server ecosystem now has access to an end-to-end commercial suite for building and porting High Performance Computing (HPC) applications. Additionally, we will support ongoing advancement of the established tools from Allinea (such as Forge, DDT, and MAP), enabling hardware-specific optimization across HPC and server platforms.
As new Arm-based infrastructure hardware is developed by our ecosystem of partners, such as Cavium and Qualcomm, it’s vital that HPC users can run their applications on new hardware solutions. Such developments, along with the availability of a complete tools suite from Arm and the wider open and commercial ecosystem signal an unprecedented opportunity for HPC. Users are now beginning to evaluate Arm server-class technology for scientific applications and to test the performance of applications across what is gradually becoming a more open vendor base.
“Using Arm’s software tools, we’ve been able to successfully analyze, then port real-world, complex scientific codes, getting them ready for the world’s first large-scale production Arm-based supercomputer, Isambard,” said Professor Simon McIntosh-Smith, head of the High-Performance Computing research group at the University of Bristol.
The Arm Allinea Studio provides users with a full portfolio of tools that ensure seamless application migration and best-in-class performance on the Armv8-A architecture with:
- Arm Fortran Compiler, released as a beta compiler in June 2017, is now a fully supported commercial Fortran compiler with Fortran 2003 and prior standards support.
- Arm C/C++ Compiler is an LLVM-based commercial compiler with support for C++ 14 standard and tuned for server and HPC workloads on a wide-range of Arm-based platforms.
- The Arm Performance Libraries are processor-optimized math libraries with BLAS, LAPACK and FFT functionality for HPC applications on Arm-based hardware.
- Arm Forge (formerly Allinea Forge) now comprises Arm DDT, the powerful scalable debugger, and Arm MAP, the parallel profiler for debugging, profiling, and optimizing applications.
- Arm Performance Reports (formerly Allinea Performance Reports) is a non-intrusive performance tool that can analyze the applications running on your system to seek out inefﬁciencies and pinpoint exactly where to focus optimization work.
The full integration of Allinea’s cross-platform tools into the Arm brand is a clear indication of our commitment to a long-term strategy of supporting multiple architectures thereby enabling interoperability for HPC systems in the future. Now, Arm offers its most comprehensive tool suite to date for supporting HPC users at any stage of their application development, easing access to a more open and competitive future for the diverse range of organizations deploying HPC systems.
Any re-use permitted for informational and non-commercial or personal use only.
Director, Public Relations, Arm
+1 (512) 939-9877